Epstein-linked former Prince Andrew released but still under investigation
Photo #45318 20 February 2026, 08:15

The disgraced UK royal was arrested on Thursday

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the brother of King Charles III, has been released by UK police after nearly 12 hours of questioning following his arrest on Thursday. He remains under investigation on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

Mountbatten-Windsor was stripped of his royal titles last year over his past friendship with disgraced US financier and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

According to the BBC, the former prince is the first senior royal to be arrested in modern history.

Andrew was arrested at his temporary home at the King’s private residence in Sandringham, Norfolk, at around 8 AM. Police conducted searches at Wood Farm on the estate and at addresses in Berkshire.

“On Thursday, we arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The arrested man has now been released under investigation,” Thames Valley Police said in a brief statement.

Read more
File photo of Bill Gates.
Bill Gates pulls out of India AI summit amid Epstein files fallout

King Charles said the “law must take its course” and that the police had his “full and wholehearted support and cooperation.”

Mountbatten-Windsor, who has denied any wrongdoing, came under renewed public scrutiny last month after the US Department of Justice released new emails and photos related to the Epstein case.

In 2022, Mountbatten-Windsor reached an out-of-court settlement with Virginia Giuffre, who accused him of sexual assault. Giuffre alleged that Epstein and his close associate Ghislaine Maxwell had trafficked her to the former prince in the early 2000s, when she was 17.

Giuffre committed suicide in 2025, and her posthumously released memoirs prompted the King to strip Mountbatten-Windsor of his titles.


Comments (0)

Do you like the page?

Would you like to share the page with your friends?